How To Stay Organized

OH, HELLO THERE !!

It has been a long time! Can you believe that it is back to school?! Where did the time go?! I can't believe we are already into the month of September. Although we still have summer weather, I am getting excited for fall. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I am excited for apple picking, sweaters, and scarfs. It also means that my birthday month is here so how can I not be excited!

I also feel that when the "ber" months come my schedule becomes a little bit more hectic. Here are some tips I use to stay organized.



  • Calendar/Planner: Personally, my planner gets a lot of love and attention all year round. I heavily use my planner in order to keep up with all the family events, meetings and doctor's appointments. Whether you write it down or keep it on your phone calendar, I just find having all the important events on a calendar makes life so much easier. It lets you know what is coming up for the month. 
  • Make A List: Since I work a 9a-5p job in the city, I find that the only time I have to catch up on errands and house items is on the weekends. Since this is only 2 days, I want to accomplish as much as I can but also have time to enjoy and relax. In order to not spend the entire weekend running around and not to feel flustered, I write out a list of things I want to get done for the weekend. A lot of the time when I write out my list, I find it is not as hard to accomplish as it really seems.
  • Divide Your Time: When you know your goals for the day, it also becomes easier to plan your day. I start to break up my day and dedicate time to accomplishing each of my goals. An example is with food shopping. I try to make sure I get out the door by a certain time and try to get it all down within an hour. Once I put all my groceries away, I can cross it off my list and go on to the next goal. 
  • Don't Put Yourself Down: One thing to remember is to be realistic about your list and/or goals. I try to only write 5-6 items that I want to accomplish in a day. I find when I over list I get discouraged when I am not able to complete everything. As a result, it makes me less productive. Out of the 5-6 items I list out, I try to prioritize what is most important and get that done first in order to not feel so stressed out. 
These are just a few tips and tricks I've been using - if you have any others let me know! 

Happy Back to School for all Teachers, Students and Parents! Be Safe! 

xoxo, Miss Justine